Database pricing is related to:
- the number of FTE (full-time equivalency, or basically how many students/staff/faculty are using resources at UK) and some vendors use different pricing "tiers" based on FTE
- whether the institution is a single campus or made up of multiple campuses
- whether the institution has purchased or subscribed to other databases from that vendor
- the length of time the institution has been a customer
- how easily (or not) a database integrates with other products such as discovery tools, consortia memberships, deals, etc.